Independent Living Specialist – Middletown Location
Freedom Center is a consumer-driven organization providing a variety of services and supports that enable persons with disabilities to live independently. We are currently seeking 2 creative, positive self-starter to expand our staff serving lower New Castle County.
Ideal candidates for the Independent Living Specialist position will have personal and/or professional experience with disability, strong problem solving skills, an understanding of the issues relevant to the constituency served, knowledge of the programs, resources and entitlements available to them, and an understanding of the laws that are critical to ensuring people with disabilities achieve full inclusion in our society.
The Independent Living Specialist is the key point person for the organization in responding to consumers, their family members, social service professionals and the public at large. Critical to the position is the staff’s ability to engage the constituent in the process of identifying options and possible solutions and facilitating their taking ownership and responsibility for the outcome. Freedom Center’s mission is to promote consumer choice and control. All programs are delivered using a person centered planning approach.
Major Job Functions Include
- Provide information and referral and self-advocacy skills training.
- Coordinate peer support activities which include facilitating cross disability groups and providing individual one – on – one peer support;
- Provide independent living skills training and develop workshops as appropriate, as well as support the development of IL Plans with individual consumers;
- Communicate program deliverables, accomplishments and outcomes;
- Represent the organization in promoting independent living philosophy through presentations, community outreach, and participation on committees;
- Maintain appropriate records and files on interactions with constituents;
- Network with other professionals and targeted policy decision makers to ensure the improvement and creation of programs and services in response to the needs of people with disabilities.
- The Independent Living Specialist must possess excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills and the personality to successfully develop relationships with the constituency served and interfaces with professional colleagues.
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study and be computer literate (Office 2000). Demonstrated ability and experience may be substituted for college degree.
How to Apply
Forward letter of interest and resume to the attention of Patricia Maichle at Freedom Center for Independent Living, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org. All Applicants should attach their resume/letter and put “Application for ILS position – February 2021” in the SUBJECT line of the email.
The both positions will be open until they are filled.
Part time position 24 hours/week. Salary commensurate with experience
Freedom Center is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Welcome to the Freedom Center employment page! If you’re looking for a rewarding career in becoming a team member of an organization that seeks to accomplish the mission of promoting independent living and full access for individuals with disabilities through advocacy, understanding, education and action in our communities, then you should join our Freedom Center family today!!
Contract Bookkeeper – Middletown Location
This contract is overseen by the Executive Director. At the request of the Board of Directors, this Contractor may present financial updates and information.
General Statement of Duties:
The Bookkeeper provides support to the Executive Director and the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors related to the fiscal management of the Center and is responsible for all bookkeeping and reporting duties of the organization, as listed below.
Contract Overall Responsibilities:
Responsible for preparation, administration and maintenance of all FCIL financial processes to include:
- Financial records (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Ledger, SAMS Report, Quarterly Federal Financial Report (FFR), monthly Expenditure Report, Board Financial Statement and Board Treasurer’s Report)
- Account Listing
- Indirect Cost Rate Allocations for Reports and Accurate Grant Accounting
- Accounts payable and receivable and monthly reconciliation
- Monthly expenditure reports
- Provide input and guidance in the development of the annual agency budget
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, develops fiscal reports for various funding sources in compliance with contractual agreements
- Prepares monthly financial reports for review and acceptance by the FICIL Board of Directors
- Prepares all requested and/or required information and reports for annual financial audit.
- Attend Board of Directors meeting as requested
Quarterly (under the direction of the Executive Director)
- Generate Worksheet & submit reports for outside FICIL grants
- Generate 704 Quarterly Report & submit reports (FFR)
- Generate Monthly and Quarterly Reports as needed
- Provide input for Budget Modification/Amendment
- Provide support for the Annual 704 Report
- Final Reconciliation & submit reconciliation
- Provide input for the development of the agency annual budget
- Prepare for annual audit
- Associates degree in bookkeeping and/or accounting or minimum of five (5) years prior bookkeeping experience, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Quick Books Premier for Not for Profit and Grant funding
- Working knowledge of Excel programs
- Experience working with state and federal grants
- An aptitude for skilled organization and paying attention to details
- Ability to problem solve in financial issues
- Able to prioritize duties to meet deadlines
- Must pass a criminal background check
Salary based on experience and qualifications and negotiated hours of employment.
Interested parties send resume and list of references to Pat Maichle at email@example.com.
FICIL is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sex orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status.
- March 4, 2021
Other jobs at Freedom Center